Join Christopher S. Warrell, M.D., a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon, for this 45-minute webinar sharing the latest evidence-based technology and surgical procedures to treat articular cartilage defects in the knee and earn .75 CEUs.
This program focuses on evidence based practices for use of the latest technology and surgical procedures used to treat articular cartilage defects in the knee. It includes a brief overview of anatomy and function of the articular cartilage and the pathophysiology of the associated defects. Treatment and operative options will be discussed as well as postoperative management outcome expectations. Program content is designed to assist athletic trainers with acquiring the skills and knowledge to provide quality care, management and to improve patient outcomes with hip pathologies.
- Participants will be able to discuss and describe the anatomy, function and pathophysiology of articular cartilage defects.
- Participants will be able to discuss and describe operative and restoration options for articular cartilage defects in the knee.
- Participants will be able to discuss and describe postoperative care, management and outcome expectations for patients with articular cartilage defects.
- Participants will be able implement and enhance clinical knowledge and skills of orthopaedic injury evaluation to improve patient outcomes.
- Participants will be able to discuss and integrate current research findings related to orthopaedics to improve clinical practice and quality of care.
The material covered in this webinar includes domains 2 and 4 of the BOC Role Delineation/Practice Analysis, 7th edition (Examination, Assessment and Diagnosis and Therapeutic Intervention). According to the education levels described by the Professional Development Committee of the NATA, the following continuing education course is considered to be Advanced Level to offer continuing education for Certified Athletic Trainers.
- Athletic Trainers
- Orlando Orthopaedic Center Foundation is recognized by the Board of Certification, Inc. to offer continuing education for Certified Athletic Trainers. This program has been approved for a maximum of 0.75 hours of Category A continuing education. Certified Athletic Trainers are responsible for claiming only those hours actually spent participating in the continuing education activity
(This course is not approved for other allied healthcare professions. All other healthcare professionals must self-report.)
Course Information and Guidelines
- Total CEUs Awarded: 0.75
- Course Type: On-Demand Webinar/Virtual
- For online quizzes: All users must first view the online presentation prior to taking the CEU quiz.
- You are allowed to take the quiz three times. A passing score is 70% (percent). You must pass the quiz in order to earn your CEUs.
- Each quiz consists of multiple choice and/or true/false questions; you may take as long as you like to complete the quiz; leaving and returning to the Foundation Continuing Education webpage will allow you to resume incomplete quizzes at the next question.
- After successfully completing each quiz and program evaluation, you may print a Certificate of Completion. Under the selected course, press “Click here to view results” to retrieve your Certificate of Completion. This Certificate of Completion should be added to your CEU folder and reported to the BOC.
No cancellations or refunds will be granted for any on-demand course. For all inquiries contact Andy Reber at email@example.com.
Please note: Your certificate of completion will not be emailed to you. It will be available for download in the course section of your account.